There are many interesting facts about our planet and everything on it. However, there are many more interesting facts about the universe and other planets. Because we don’t know many things about them, everything we know is interesting. We already know many facts about Mars, because it is closest to Earth. We also know many facts about the Sun, because it is the only bright star we can see. But, there are several interesting facts about Uranus.
1. The first name of Uranus was "George's Star" (Georgium Sidus).
2. The summer on Uranus is long. In fact, it last 42 years.
3. The minimum temperature on Uranus is −224 °C. It has the coldest atmosphere in the Solar system.
4. Uranus is big. In fact, 63 Earths can fit inside.
5. Uranus has 27 moons, Neptune 14, Saturn 62, Jupiter 67 and Mars has 2. But, Earth has just one.
6. There are only two seasons on Uranus. They are summer and winter.
7. All Uranus’ moons are named after characters from works of Alexander Pope and Shakespeare.
8. The speed of wind, on Uranus can reach 900 km/h.
9. The surface gravities on Uranus, Venus, Neptune and Saturn are very similar. They are within 15% of Earth’s.
10. Based on the orbit of Uranus, Neptune was mathematically predicted, before it was discovered.
11. Uranus ‘’rolls’’ around the Sun. It also rotates sideways. This is completely different from with other planets in the Solar system.
12. The name of one moon, that orbits Uranus is Cupid.
13. The diameter is 51.118 km.
14. The mass is 86.810.300.000.000.000 billion kg.